Have you noticed, we take £1 from every order and put it towards a chosen charity (which you pick from a selection). With your help, this initiative has allowed us to support some amazing organisations.
It’s June, which means PRIDE month!!! In that light, we are adding another charity to donate to...
MERMAIDS UK - @mermaidsgender
Mermaids was founded in 1995 to support transgender, non-binary and gender diverse children, young people and their families.
Mermaids supports transgender, non-binary and gender-diverse children and young people until their 20th birthday, as well as their families and professionals involved in their care.
Transgender, non-binary and gender-diverse children and teens need support and understanding, as well as the freedom to explore their gender identity. Whatever the outcome, Mermaids is committed to helping families navigate the challenges they may face.
Mermaids provides safe online communities, helpline services, web resources, events and residential weekends to those seeking their support. They also work hard to educate the broader community on gender identity.
Mermaids UK aims to;
- Reduce isolation and loneliness for transgender, non-binary and gender-diverse children, young people and their families.
- Provide families and young people with the tools they need to negotiate education and health services.
- Help young people to cope better with mental and emotional distress, and equips their parents with what they need to offer individual support.
- Improve the self-esteem and social skills of children and young people.
- Improve awareness, understanding and practices of teachers, GP’s, CAMHS, Social Services and other professionals.
CEO Susie Green with Jade Thirwall and Leigh-Ann Pinnock from Little Mix at London Pride 2019 (https://mermaidsuk.org.uk/)
Mermaids is currently working to reform the Gender Recognition Act (2004), they provide on going support and resources for individuals suffering from hate crimes and continue clarifying and further educating individuals on relevant matters, such as the recent Q+A with a legal professional to discuss the recent High Court judgement regarding hormone blockers.
2020 marked Mermaid's 25th anniversary, this milestone meant the charity was able to grow their help line services, including a new web chat service.
See more at their website here!
All information in this article is sourced from: https://mermaidsuk.org.uk/about-us/
With love and support, The XIX Team 🏳️🌈
Leave a comment